Friday, April 03, 2009

Initial forecasts after the big dump of snow called for temps in the 40's so I debated even grooming out the new snow but it has been rather cool with day time highs in the mid to lower 30's and freezing down nicely at night. I am glad I hit it when I did because the past three days have been awesome skiing.

Grooming tonight should make for another fast and fun ski in the early morning





It has been an interesting week on the area roads. First the tar roads were sloppy and slushy, then the goat ranch road which is the gravel road at the end of our driveway connecting to the tar and now our driveway is pretty sloppy. Intervals Saturday morning anyone? Some grinding on the drivetrain for sure but always good fun sliding all over the place.

Goat ranch road burning off today and relatively hard and fast.



Trent Warner was the first team Maplelag/Paramount/Endurance Athlete/Skinnyski team member to wave the flag. Raced in Fontana, CA and had a nice race for March, living in MN.
(photos from Tom Warner-Trent's report:
I got 4th in my age group.  I probably could have won, but i fumbled on the start and crashed 5 minutes in.  I had to deal with traffic the whole race.  It was only 45 minutes so i was ready to do another lap when we finished.  I never had a chance to go all out because of traffic.  Otherwise I felt great.  It was a sweet course.  Although there was not too much climbing, it was fine for a Minnesotant like me.  I had to get a smaller brake rotor when I got down there because I brought my stan's wheels. The bike was awesome.  I still need to order new pedals and a riser bar. "

Leading a group through the transition area.
Reports from the field have been of solid numbers for the first two National races. Last weekend was the first race in the PRO XCT tour. Semi-Pros had the option to go Pro or Cat 1 so the Pro fields have been over 100. I would not be surprised to see close to 150 Pros, if not more, at Sea Otter.

2 comments:

T.Schmitz said...

New Kit looks good! Stands out nice.

Jay Richards said...

Thanks for designing it!