Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bruce sent me these "culled" pics from the Spring Opener that didn't get posted online. Now and then Bruce sends me pics of from his travels and some groomer shots that don't make the trail reports etc. Always a treat because he is a top notch photographer. Every time I get a new camera, Bruce fills me in on the latest and points out some new features etc. Thanks Bruce!


This shot is for the sponsor.

This shot is for the betty. Little blood running down from the knee and some gun action from the quad.



When Jake called on the way home, I asked him how he did and he said "awesome" without knowing the results. Point is he had fun. The Sport class is the hardest class to race in with all the riders. Plus on a course like Harmon, tough to pass and to boot he started in the 3rd or 4th wave, I think. With that said, he had a great race. I did the Doug Swanson formula, comparing him to riders he beat, finished next to last week and the most impressive I found was that he would of been 5th or 6th in the Comp class. Its just for fun. Anyways, I don't think I have missed a MNSCS opener in all the years I have lived in MN. Not sure when the first one will be with such a busy schedule the next few weeks. However, plan on racing up in CANADA this weekend at Sandilands. Should be fun.

2 comments:

Eric O. said...

They spelled Maplelag wrong again in Velonews. Look in the VN Ticker.
They mentioned the race in the weekly USA Cycling news letter too.
Adam Craig mentioned that he was considering it in his blog but decided to stay home and recoop for a bit.

Jay Richards said...

I looked at the new issue yesterday. I didn't see that in the ticker. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I'm still scratching my head the more articles I read about the importance of UCI points, esp. someone like AC who is on the bubble at this point for the third spot, (assuming USA keeps in the top 5 as a nation and gets three spots.) I sure hope Jeff has a good World Cup run the next few weeks and the same can be said for Kelli.