Saturday, December 16, 2006

 

We shoveled some serious snow this past week. Lars, Jake, Jon helped out but the two new exchange students, Gustavo and Ivan and I did the brunt of it. I would shovel snow into a pile on the pond and Ivan and Tavo would fill up the truck. Take it to the trail, I would unload the whole thing and Tavo and Ivan would pack. Shoveling is tough work but I like it. At the end of the day you are totally bushed but it feels good. You gotta use your legs otherwise you back goes toast. We shoveled so much out west that last year we live there(425" that year) you learn. Looking at all the forecasts on Thurs, the best thing to do at that time seemed to cancel this weekend, so we did. Turns out, the weather moderated and skiing today was pretty nice, considering our current snowfall. Dang, I hate cancelling things. I ended up skiing quite a bit today. I think close to 50k. It has been a while since I have had a day like that. Looks like something might happen later next week. Not sure if this is what John Dee was talking about. John seems to have lost some enthusiasm. Posted by Picasa

No comments: